Example - Making Fulleroferrocene.
To make this reaction we require a POS/Starbase with at least the following equipment:
- 1 Silo [500 CPU 50,000 MW] - for Tritanium.
- 2 Biochemical Silos [500 CPU 100,000 MW] - for Fullerite-C50 and Fullerite-C60 gases
- 1 Hybrid Polymer Silo [250 CPU 50,000 MW] - for end product Fulleroferrocene
- 1 Polymer Reactor Array [1500 CPU 125,000 MW] - with Fulleroferrocene Reaction
The total CPU and power needed for the above reaction is 2,750 CPU and 325,000 MW, so a large control tower is recommended.
Reverse Engineering (RE)
Reverse engineering provides Tech 3 blueprint copies of the strategic cruiser hulls and the various subsystem modules it requires. There are six different types of relic and each one corresponds to a different piece of the Tech 3 ship - the hull, defensive subsystem, electronics subsystem, engineering subsystem, propulsion subsystem and offensive subsystem. The five subsystem relics can be unearthed in deadly magnetometric archeology sites all throughout Sleeper space. Hull sections can be recovered from the wrecks of ancient Talocan ships in Sleeper radar sites.
To be able to perform RE you will require a POS with an Experimental Lab (can be anchored in high sec) or access to a Caldari Outpost. You cannot do RE in normal NPC stations.
There are 3 different categories of Ancient Relics, these are Intact, malfunctioning and Wrecked. Reverse Engineering, like Invention is based on chance which is affected by skills and by the type of Ancient Relic you are using (intact = best chance and wrecked = worst chance).
Sucessful reverse engineering delivers different run BPCs based on type of Ancient Relic:
Intact Relic yields a 20-run BPCMalfunctioning Relic yields a 10-run BPCWrecked Relic yields a 3-run BPC>
Materials Needed to Perform RE
- Ancient Relic
- Racial Hybrid tech Decryptors - determines the race the BPC will be, so if you use a caldari Decryptor then on a successful RE attempt the BPC will be of Caldari design.
- Subsystem Engineering Datacores mixed with normal Invention datacores
- R.A.M.- Hybrid technology
There are varying degrees of success, if you aren't successful then you may get back a datacores, a decryptor or the hybrid tech and then there's the utter failure where you completely fail and get nothing at all.
If you use "intact" relics there's a chance you may get a wrecked relic back from a failed RE attempt.
|Relic Type||RE Outcome Type|
|Armor Nanobot||Defensive Subsystem|
|Electromechanical Component||Electronics Subsystem|
|Power Cores||Engineering Subsystem|
|Thruster Sections||Propulsion Subsystem|
|Weapon Subroutines||Offensive Subsystem|
|Hull Section||Ship Hull section|